The release notes detail changes and known issues for each build of VideoReDo TVSuite H.264. If you spot a problem that hasn't been addressed in this list, please let us know by sending a message to our support team.
Version 4.21.1-655, Release date: March 2,
- NEW Support for multiple
audio streams. TVSuite will now open and save all the
audio streams in your file.
- NEW Add bitrate calculator to profile dialog
- NEW Batch manager: Add output and output complete report to batch manager.
- NEW Ability to pause
output, both interactively and in batch.
- NEW For Vista / W7 / W8, use new style file dialog boxes.
- NEW GUI: Changed save "reduce CPU" to process "background priority", rather than previous of reducing output thread priority.
- NEW GUI: Output Complete dialog, new format. Can open file in VRD, Containing folder, or click on link at top for default program.
- NEW H.264: Support for NTSC/ATSC captioning in H.264 transport and wtv streams.
- NEW MPEG2 decoder: New
faster, multi-threaded MPEG2 decoder.
- NEW Output Complete dialog: Add option to open file after output
- NEW Output profiles: New cropping presets for converting Top/Bottom or Left/Right 3D to 2D.
- NEW Output Status: Add pause button to output status window to temporarily pause output.
- NEW PCM Audio: Support for 24 bit PCM in a DVD format.
- NEW Profile: Add option to change AAC streams in TS and WTV from LATM to ADTS.
- NEW Profile: When cropping from the File>Save>Options, new checkbox allows output dimensions to be calculated automatically.
- NEW Tivo: Two new Tivo output profiles: MPEG2 & H.264 Tivo-TS (premiere). These files can be transferred directly to a Premiere TiVo.
- NEW Video Drivers: New EVR driver (T>O>Playback) for Vista and W7 systems. Works better with RDP than VMR9.
- NEW WTV: Added internal WTV metadata reader so that WTV files can be opened in XP, Vista or W8 (without MCE).
- Change AC3: Change default down mix matrix to stereo rather than surround to improve output gain and channel separation.
- Change Add program info XML output to COM interface
- Change GUI: Adjusting audio is considered a "valid edit" so that Ctrl-P can be used to save a project, and warn user of unsaved edits.
- Change GUI: Completion alerts: Bring main window to front option, now turned off by default (new installs only).
- Change GUI: Diagnostics setting consolidated from T>O>Stream and T>O>H.264 to Tools>Options>General.
- Change GUI: Help>Log file>Open folder, will now both open the folder and highlight the current log file.
- Change GUI: Muti-windows DX support has been removed. Use VMR7, VMR9 or EVR instead.
- Change H.264, Add option to Tools>Options>H.264 to select the frame rate from either the container frame rate or the stream frame rate.
- Change MKV muxing: Aspect ratio flag being set incorrectly. Flag is optional and has been removed.
- Change MP4 reader: Accept files that don't start with "ftyp" atom.
- Change MPEG2 decoder: 4:2:2 video is now properly displayed. However, DirectX no longer supports 4:2:2 and reverts to VMR7.
- Change MPEG2 stream: Re-wrote the multi-stream audio video re-syncing.
- Change Output profiles: WTV output profiles are only displayed if the Microsoft WTV writer (SBE2) is present.
- Change Profile: Add target file size to automatically compute bit rate to "Advanced Options" if profile is "Intelligent".
- Change Tools>Shift+Options: Remove option to not display video in batch/COM silent mode. Make no display the default.
- Change Subtitles: Increase the maximum allowed number of subtitles in a transport stream from 7 to 10.
- Change Tools>Show Program Info: Added drop down box to "OK" which opens the source file folder in explorer and selects file.
- Change Video display: Setting View>Brightness and contrast to maximum will switch display window to monochrome.
- Change Win8: A few users experiencing lockup during install due to license manager issues.
Version 4.20.7-629, Release date: November 11, 2011
- NEW Added multi-audio stream support for H.264
- NEW Support for reading and writing MKV files
and H.264 flash FLV files.
- NEW Elementary stream muxer can now support multiple
- NEW Batch an automatically filter out unwanted
dimensions when doing Quick Stream Fix.
- NEW Localization: Added Spanish translations.
- NEW Support for MP4 and MKV reading and writing
of chapter markers.
- NEW Recoding Output bit rate automatically set to
preserve original quality when recoding.
- NEW Add multiple audio stream support when
creating program stream.
- NEW Must imporved audio graph with greater
detail and frame tick marks on the thumbnail display.
- Change MPEG2 stream option to remove duplicate SD NTSC closed
captions on some Comcast Tivo SD recodings.
- Change When opening a file from a DVD the
default file name will now be the name of the DVD.
- Change Ability to customize the default file
save type (extension) for each output profile.
- Change New profile aspect ratio option "Match Resolution" to
allow H.264 encoded video to play at 1:1 pixel aspect ratio.
- Change Internal code change to reduce memory overhead
when resizing H.264 video buffers and audio buffers.
- Change Added option to to automatically add
an opened file type to the default file list.
- View Detail Change
log for 4.20.7-629
Version 4.20.6-610, Release date: November 18, 2010
- Critical GUI: Tools>Options>Transport page no longer being displayed.
- NEW WTV reading: New WTV reader which supports multi-audio (MPEG2 only) and multiple DVB Subs. Disable via shift+T>O: #62
Change Batch Manager (new): Checks to make sure COM interface is registered and versions match. Prompts user if either incorrect.
Change Batch manager (new): When adding multiple files, display progress as each file is opened and inspected. Added abort button.
Change Batch script: Added version check to the script to warn user if /t# is being used instead of /p:
Change GUI: Running batch cleared saved window maximize flags.
Change H.264 encoding 2 pass: Create a unique name for the first pass statistics file to allow for multiple encodings at the same time.
Change H.264: H.264 streams was not honoring setting of shift+T>O, #41 Enable closed captioning and subtitling for DVB subs.
Change Installer: Installer will now always automatically register VideoReDo Batch COM objects. Uninstaller will remove.
Change QSF output: Don't permit user to QSF elementary stream source to elementary stream output.
Change QSF: Changed the output file name edit box to read-only so that the user must browse and select an output profile.
Change QSF: TVSuite H.264 could crash when clicking on Output File Browse due to bad pointer (broken in 608).
Change Tivo output: Don't allow TiVo output unless source file is also TiVo file
Change WTV output: "Duration" metadata in the output file was being copied from the source rather than reflecting the edited duration.
Change WTV output: Added mutliple audio (MPEG2 only) and DVB subtitle support to the WTV muxer.
- Fix Window positions not reset when running Batch/COM in silent mode.
- Fix Installer could cause configuration wizard to be run twice if UAC is active (broken in build 609).
- Fix AAC-LC LATM: BBC AAC with LOAS/LATM were being tagged as AAC-HE when they were actually AAC-LC.
Fix Batch manager (new): Unable to set the default output file prefix and/or destination folder.
Fix Batch manager (new): When adding multiple files, the output folder is not properly saved.
Fix Batch: Create DVD or Joine files might exit and not create any output due to uninitialized variable.
Fix Error handling: If source is MPEG2 and recoder had an initialization error, error message wasn't being reported back to user.
Fix GUI: Didn't remember if window was maximized in previous session.
Fix H.264 NAL Parsing: In debug mode, PPS parsing could abort if only 2 bits left in NAL.
Fix MPEG2 LPCM: Buffer size calculation incorrect resulting in out of memory when trying to open MPEG2 PS w/LPCM audio.
Fix Output profiles: Fixed problems when the profile has "Allow multiple audio streams" unchecked.
Fix QSF: H.264 Filtering would not work if the requested dimensions started after T>O>Stream, # MB to scan.
Fix Registry: Renamed, "Sepcial: DisableLogicalFileSort", to "Special:DisableLogicalFileSort".
Fix WTV: Corrupt .wtv file is causing the WTV reader to crash rather
Version 4.20.5-607, Release date: October 12, 2010
- NEW Batch: In TVS4 new batch manager launched by default. Can change via option #65 on Shift+Tools>Options.
- NEW H.264, EAC3 audio support enabled via external automatically downloaded codec.
- NEW MPEG2: Support for multiple audio streams.
- Enhance DVD: Can now author MPEG2 DVDs from H.264 sources.
- Enhance H.264 MP4: Support for AC3 muxing and demuxing enabled.
- Enhance MPEG2 streams: Much improved support when video dimension changes. Does not yet handle frame rate changes.
- Enhance Output profile: If diagnostics are enabled on Tools>Options>Stream, dump the output profile XML to the log file.
- Enhance Profiles advanced options: Add new tab to customize H.264 encoding parameters.
- Change COM: Added new function, SaveJoinerWithProfile( outputFilename, profileName )
- Change COM: FileSaveAs and SaveJoinerAs functions will return false when used with TVSuite V4. Use profile functions instead.
- Change DVD Burning: If a drive communication error occurs during verification, reset the drive and verfiy again.
- Change GUI: Added Polish .apt file to the installer. Polish DLLs waiting for completed translation.
- Change H.264 stream: Improved logic for frame rate if fixed_frame_rate_flag is 0. Check fixed_frame_rate_flag in slice hdr.
- Change H264Encoder: Setting T>O>H.264 diagnostics to "Advanced" will show the H.264 encoder settings in the log file on full recode.
- Change Joiner projects: New format for joiner projects to support multi=audio in TVS4. Projects from previous builds can not be read.
- Change Joiner: Joiner could force an unnecessary recode if the header bit rates of each file didn't match.
- Change MPEG2 > H.264: De-interlacer could get out of cadence eventually causing an audio buffer overflow.
- Change MPEG2 QSF: If source is NTSC/ATSC, rebuild all temporal references if T>O>Stream make all I-frames GOP is set.
- Change MPEG2 stream: If source is NTSC/ATSC & Tivo and duplicate temporal references are found, rebuild temporal refs.
- Change MPEG2: Setting for multiple audio streams, S+T>O, #66 needs to be reset if non-zero.
- Change Output profiles: Add WTV and iPad to default profiles.
- Change Output status dialog: Widen the dialog and fields to support longer strings required by some translations.
- Change Program Information: Add support for profiles and levels, 4:2:2@Main and 4:2:2@High.
- Change Program Information: Totally new look for program information dialog. Support for multiple audio streams.
- Change QSF dialog allowed input and output to have the same name resulting in source file being cleared.
- Change Recoding: Added advanced encoding XML to treat progressive as interlaced.
- Change Tivo files: Temporal reference numbers suddenly double in the middle of a GOP causing frame to be removed.
- Change Top of the day: Corrected "tip", Video card acceleration is on the Tools>Options>Playback page, not the general page.
- Change Translation: Added .apt file for the new batch processor, VideoReDo Batch Profile.
- Change TS Muxer: Auto mux rate when not recoding. Set mux rate from source file estimated video bitrate instead of sampling.
- Change TS Muxer: Profile and level not being picked up properly when using newer 4:2:2 profile escape codes.
- Change TS Muxer: Reduce the frequency for null packet insertion to reduce instance of PTS underflow.
- Change TS Streams: Use est bit rate and source file mux rate to verify or automatically set the output mux rate.
- Change WTV output: Enable WTV as an allowable output file type in the profile editor.
- Fix AAC ADTS: Some AAC ADTS were being detected as LATM causing a crash. Improved rejection of false data.
- Fix AAC Demuxing: Typo in demux function said "AC3 (unpacked) frame error" rather than "AAC frame error".
- Fix Batch manager New batch manager, errors out if trying to create a DVD via a batch file.
- Fix Batch: Negative cropping values (such as wide screen to letterbox) saved incorrectly in the BPrj XML. Changed XML engine.
- Fix DVD Authoring: Delete temporary files if the user aborts during fast muxing or recoding stage.
- Fix DVD Burning: UseImgBurn not working under Windows 7 in newer builds. Added Shift+T>O to enable image burn.
- Fix DVD: Fixed aspect ratio issue for H.264 files converted to DVD.
- Fix DVD: If shift+T>O #66 set to 0, and video is AC3, create DVD will incorectly force an audio recoding.
- Fix ES Muxing: Muxing of LPCM/WAV files created distorted audio. (partially fixed in Build 600).
- Fix File open: Allow file names with unicode characters (non-ansi) to be opened by dragging the file into TVSuite.
- Fix File save: Clicking on "Queue to Batch" in file save dialog will reset an overridden file name back to the default.
- Fix GUI: Menu File > Queue to batch change button from "Save" to "Queue".
- Fix H.264 MP4: MP4 was accidentally being opened as an .TS instead of an .MP4. Bump # of packets checked to insure its a .TS.
- Fix H.264 NAL Parsing: Revised logic for NAL parsing so that SPS, PPS, and AU types have 4 byte start codes (internal change).
- Fix H.264 processing: End of Sequence NAL in middle of the file will hang the output or trigger pause during playback.
- Fix H.264 stream: Improved logic for frame rate calculation with SEI pic_struct is not present.
- Fix H.264 stream: Unable to determine frame rate if timing_info_present_flag: 1 but fixed_frame_rate_flag is 0.
- Fix H.264 stream: YouTube video with frame rate os 24.997 was being treated as 24 fps rather than 25 fps.
- Fix H.264 TS output: Fixed the way DTS is calculated for both smart edit, and recoded output.
- Fix H.264 TS output: Recording to H.264 had incorrect DTS values.
- Fix H.264: MP4 files with AC3 audio were not picking up the audio stream.
- Fix H.264: Remove leading frames that don't have PTS values and shouldn't be in the first GOP. Caused QSF (but not save) sync.
- Fix LATM/LOAS AAC: Audio could be flagged as AAC-LC/ADTS due to false positive match when it should be AAC-HE/LOAS.
- Fix Manifest files: MFCLOC.manifest was incorrectly formatted. Extra "version=" in the XML.
- Fix MPEG2 stream: Re-wrote the internal processing to tighten up sync in TVS4. Fewer add/delete audio frames.
- Fix MPEG2: DVR-MS could hang on output if first frame of the file, and multi-audio (#66) enabled.
- Fix MPEG2: Program would crash if file without an audio stream was opened and multi-audio was enabled.
- Fix MPEG4 Part 2: Encoder could stall on certain input files.
- Fix New Batch: When selecting and adding multiple files the output would go one folder below where it was intended.
- Fix Output profiles: Unable to edit profiles in non-English version due to missing localization DLLs.
- Fix Profile: Copy & Edit profile would not retain manually entered advanced encoding parameters.
- Fix Queue to batch: QuickStreamFix projects added to batch do not honor dimension filters.
- Fix Seek caching: Changed the seek cache algorithms to work better with very very low bit rate video segments.
- Fix Thumbnails: Sequence end code in the middle of a stream could cause thumbnail strip to partially draw.
- Fix TS Muxer: When recoding MPEG2, original bit rate being used in mux rather than recoded rate . (Fixed mpeg2 multiaudio).
- Fix WMV/VC-1 output: Stalls if WMA audio is set to 256 Kbps and audio sampliing rate is 48000 samples / sec.
- Fix WTV QSF: Sometimes crashes at the start of the 2nd recoding pass while the file is being re-opened.
- Fix WTV: WTV MPEG2 files would not open correctly if s+T>O, #66 Multiple audio stream was 1 or 2.